<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

 
A friend pointed out to me the relevance of some lyrics by Bright Eyes, in the song "Let's Not Shit Ourselves", off of Lifted, an amazing album. Written well before we went into Iraq, it's worth noting:

"I should stop pointing fingers; reserve my judgment of all those public action figures, the cowboy president. So loud behind the bullhorn so proud they can't admit when they have made a mistake. While poison ink spews from a speechwriter's pen, he knows that he doesn't have to say it, so it don't bother him. "Honesty" "Accuracy" are really just "Popular Opinion." And the approval rating is high, so someone is going to die. ABC, NBC, CBS: Bullshit. They give us fact or fiction? I guess an even split. And each new act of war is tonight's entertainment."

Actually, I think the time for reserving judgement has passed.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?